What is PORCH and Home Assistant Gold?
Think of Home Assistant Gold as your 24/7 personal support team for your home.
Porch Home Assistant Gold, typically a $350/year value, is a complimentary gift from your home inspector.
- Personalized for you and your home
- $100 credit in handyman services your first year of moving in
- Booking fee waived on all Porch Services
- 100% complete moving assistance
- Emergency hotline assistance 24/7
- Guidance for your improvement, maintenance, and repair projects
- Ask the Experts mobile app
What to expect:
1. After your home inspection, your personal Home Assistant will contact you to help with your move-in needs, including booking movers.
2. Your Home Assistant schedules services for all items on your repair list.
3. And your Home Assistant is there for you any time you need to get maintenance done on your new home.
- TV hanging
- Furniture assembly
- Gutter cleaning
- Security system installation
- Pressure washing
- Appliance installation
- Lawn care
- Homeowners insurance
- Cable and internet setup
- Plumbing fixture installation
We’ve negotiated exclusive discounts with home service providers to offer better rates through Home Assistant Gold. Ask your Home Assistant for details.
To Redeem your Discounts:
Call your Home Assistant at (844) 314-1347 to reserve your date and time.
What is the PORCH Inspection Guarantee?
We give our clients peace of mind when hiring us to inspect their new home purchase. On top of the "We'll By Back your Home" Guarantee Porch provides FREE to all inspectors The Porch Inspection Guarantee covers your inspection. Just in case you miss something.
How does it work?
We know inspectors intend to perform thorough quality inspections, but sometimes conditions
get missed. The Porch Inspection Guarantee can assist in the process of resolving missed inspection issues
If an eligible inspector (that's us) performs a full home inspection for a you the client, in compliance with the
inspector’s designated standards of practice, and misses an item that was required to be inspected, Porch Home Services will provide the services to fix the missed item, up to the cost of the inspection fee ($650 maximum).
If Porch Home Services cannot fix the item (for example, if the home is out of the Porch Home Services service area), we will reimburse the homeowner for the cost of approved service fees for a Porch network professional, up to the cost of the inspection. The Porch Inspection Guarantee is subject to the terms and conditions described below.
What is the eligible claim period for a homeowner? A homeowner may make a claim under the Porch Inspection Guarantee for 90 days from the date of the inspection.
What are the terms and conditions of the Porch Guarantee?
Client: The individual(s) for which the Eligible Inspector performed the home inspection.
Eligible Inspectors: Inspectors who possess a valid home inspection license (where required)
or association membership. All eligible inspectors must also carry legitimate professional liability
insurance and make a copy of the policy available to Porch upon request. Eligible inspectors
must not have any felony convictions and must maintain a less than 1% claims history with the
Porch Inspection Guarantee program.
Designated Standards: The standard of practice and care for the inspection designated in the
inspector’s contract, report or marketing materials for full home inspections. The designated
standard must be from a recognized professional association or state regulation. If a standard of
practice is not designated by the inspector then the prevailing standard of practice and care will
be used for all Porch Inspection Guarantee determinations.
Full Home Inspection: An inspection defined in the Designated Standards.
Guarantee Period: The period that ends 90 days after the date of the inspection.
Missed Item: A defective or missing item, component or system that was not reported (or
reported incorrectly) in the inspection report, provided that such item, component or system (a) is
within the building's foundation area, (b) was required to be inspected in accordance with the
Designated Standards, (c) was not disclaimed by the inspector either in the inspection
agreement or inspection report and (d) is not specifically excluded from coverage in the Porch
PCA (Porch Claim Administrator): The Porch administrator that manages the claims process
for the Porch Inspection Guarantee.
Porch Home Services Service Area: The service area (geographical area and service types)
for services provided by Porch Home Services.
Porch Network Professionals: Service professionals in the Porch.com network of home
professionals who will be given the task of doing the repair on Missed Items for homes outside
the Porch Home Services Service Areas.
Note: The Porch Inspection Guarantee covers you, the Eligible Inspector, for mistakes or
oversights in the inspection. It does NOT cover any item, system or component that fails after the
inspection. This is an inspection guarantee and not a home warranty or service contract. If
something fails after the inspection and your clients purchased a home warranty, please tell them
to file their claim with their home warranty company.
Coverage Limit: The Porch Inspection Guarantee covers repairs or payment for Missed Items
up to the amount of the home inspection fee, but not to exceed $650 (as further described below,
the “Coverage Limit”).
Coverage: If PCA approves a claim for a Missing Item (see claim procedures below), then Porch
Home Services will provide services to repair the Missed Item. The Coverage Limit for the claim
will be the least of (i) Porch Home Service’s cost of providing the repair (subject to the system
limits set forth below), (ii) the fee paid for the home inspection and (iii) $650. The client will be
responsible for the cost of any services in excess of the Coverage Limit.
If Porch Home Services cannot repair the Missed Item (for example, if the home is out of the
Porch Home Services service area), we will reimburse the homeowner for the cost of approved
service fees for a Porch Network Professional. In this case, the Coverage Limit for the claim will
be the lesser of o the cost of the inspection (or $650, if less).
If there is more than one Missing Item within a system, the Coverage Limit will be applied to the
system and not to each individual Missing Item. The Coverage amounts per system are:
Plumbing - $250, Electrical - $250, Built-in Appliances - $250, HVAC - $350, Garage - $150,
Structure - $350 and Roof - $350.
Excluded Items: The Home Inspection Guarantee does not cover any of the following:
• Commercial properties;
• Inspections by inspectors who are not Eligible Inspectors;
• Missed Items related to items, systems and components that were excluded from the
home inspection, as identified in the inspection report or the inspection agreement;
• Any item, system or component that was not available to be inspected by the inspector
(for example, because the item, system or component needed to be operating in order to
be inspected and it was shut down or otherwise inoperable at the time of the inspection,
or because connecting piping, wiring and/or components were not readily accessible and
visible at the time of the inspection)
• Any system or component installed or method utilized to control or remove suspected
• Public or private waste disposal systems;
• Any consequential or incidental damages;
• Any stoppage of water regardless of the reason;
• Failure of items, systems or components after the inspection is performed.
• Any claims that do not meet the deadlines for claims processing described below.
How are claims processed?
This is the process for making a claim under the Porch Inspection Guarantee:
1. All claims for alleged Missing Items must be made prior to the expiration of the Guarantee
2. The Client can make a claim by calling the Porch Claims Administrator (PCA) at 844-315-
3. The Client must fill out and return to PCA a Written Notification of Claim form (the “Claim
Form”) that will be emailed to the Client after calling in. The Client must provide his or her
full name, contact phone number and complete address. In addition, Client must provide
the information and materials described in #3 below, and a copy of the home inspection
4. The Client must provide an summary of the problem with the inspection, including specific
identification of the missed items. The Client must be able to demonstrate to PCA that the
inspector missed an item that was required to be inspected. The Client’s account should
include photographs of the missed item and any reports or other documents.
5. Claims will only be processed after all necessary information has been received by PCA
from the Client. All required documentation must be received within sixty (60) days
(“Documentation Period”) following the filing of the claim. Failing to provide the required
information within the Documentation Period will result in denial of the claim.
6. If a claim is approved for coverage, the Client will be required to execute a release,
releasing Porch and the inspector from all liability, in order to receive the services or
7. Except as specifically described below with respect to the inspector’s option to appeal, all
claim decisions made by PCA are final.
What happens after a claim is filed?
Once the PCA finishes the review of the documentation provided by the Client and comes to an
initial conclusion, the inspector will be sent a notice of this initial determination for review. The
inspector will then have the opportunity to object to the determination. The inspector will have 48
hours to respond to the PCA’s notice of claims decision.
• One example would be if the PCA decided to approve a claim but the inspector believes
that he or she did not miss the claimed item. If the inspector can support this with
documentation, then the PCA will take the inspector’s opinion into account in making its
final decision about the claim.